Saturday 11 June 2011

Our friends from the street ...

It is 2.48 am now Malaysian time..(when I wrote this but slept half way through)  I just got back from feeding the homeless on  the street of Kuala Lumpur under REACH OUT programme ...This is the norm for me and my husband to go out very close to midnight at least twice a week and come back at this time ...One thing for sure no clubbing for us anymore!  It was  our turn tonight to pick up some food from Petaling Jaya Hilton. The food  was a left over from their buffet spread . Mind you, the  food normally smell good! At least for our hungry friends, they have the opportunity to eat Hotel food !

Many people asked us why are we doing this? My answer would always be, because I can do it and I have extra and I am happy doing it. Some people will justify by saying that we are encouraging lazy people or drug
addicts. These are the people who are not only living life thinking they are better than others, but also too busy looking at other people  but themselves.

I do not care what people think!  To us who are  Reach Out Volunteers, we are doing this for various reasons, we want to help,  for some, to heal their souls, or just happy doing it. Whatever the reasons are, it is not for other people to justify.

Some people asked  if they are dangerous? hmm never thought it like that ...they are human like us too  but they were born on the other side of the coin,  when I gave them food, I can see that they searched my face if I would treat them differently but I smiled at them  instead. And they smiled back ... I have always been treated by them like a lady or a sister.  Respect is not given, it is earned.

I am not better because I am the one who is giving but instead I feel grateful for the opportunity to share...
The men with no home .....

We fed dogs too (during a flood in Kedah 2010)

In a moment's notice we are off to where we are needed (we have jobs and we do not do this full time!!)

Our colorful volunteers ...
And I know our kindness will be repaid forward...Let them believe that this world is not all filled with hatred or ego because when we die, we bring nothing and then I will be the same like my street friends ....

4 comments:

Jyoti Mishra said...

undoubtedly u r doing a great job !!!

Feexa Nicoll said...

Thank you so much for dropping by ...

zaza-k style said...

Salam Feexa,

I am your silent follower...You have beautiful blog here..I can feel that all your writings came from your sincere heart...All the best, and May Allah bless you always...Amin

Feexa Nicoll said...

My dear, thank you so much for following my blog and fit that into your fashionista schedule ... Love to see you in my blog again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...